Thursday, February 09, 2012

Trip To York


When I suggested we go out and have some fun in York that didn't go over so well with Katie. Yes, I know it was raining, but it wasn't that bad.


When the going gets tough, the tough get their hair cut. Sarah Bard offered. We did them in the kitchen of our flat.

I was amused by Katie's patience and womanly poise as Sarah did her hair. What a woman she is.

I had to go out to the car on our shopping trip and found this. All this, and bargains, too!

More old stuff. Trying to catch up. Happy new year.

During the break between Christmas and New Year’s Day we made plans to visit our friends Dave and Nancy Sylvester (who pastor Calvary Chapel in York). So we got in the car Monday, December 26, and drove up. They let us stay in the flats that the Bible College student use during school, but are vacant during the holidays.

The girls were less than thrilled with the weather. Well, it was typical winter weather: cold and rainy. We thought we were lucky it wasn’t snowing. But they weren’t having any fun walking around freezing. As we have learned to do on our family vacations, we prayed and asked Jesus to help us have a good time in spite of the weather. 

Somehow things got better. There is an outlet mall that we have rarely shopped at. We are either arriving in York or departing. So we decided to look at the sales and pick up some clothing that the girls needed. We helped out in the worship on Sunday. We talked and played with our friends, watched some Poirot adventures, played piano and guitar and bass.

I took my laptop and a writing program designed for books. I began the tutorial during our down time. After getting through the basics I began a project I’ve been thinking about for years. It’s a book on how to teach through the Bible expositionally. I got the idea for doing examples for each genre of Scripture of how I used the concepts for studying to interpret the scripture, and then how I developed the message from the preparation. If I walk the reader through the practical application of the ideas, maybe I can multiply more teachers and pastors for planting more churches. 

But I promised myself I would have to get the first two books out and published before I can write this book. No use piling up manuscripts. So if you would pray right now that I can finish what I have already started, I can move on to new things. Thanks.

No comments: