Friday, August 12, 2011

Creation Fest 2 Working For Free

I sold books, but by far the biggest sellers were the glow sticks for the kids.
The reason we went to Creation Fest was to volunteer to help. A group from our church was going to work as the Welcome Team, right at the entrance to the Fest. Another group headed by Joanie was going to man the Information Table at the entrance to the Shed, the large main building where the groups would play. 

I ended up at the Calvary Chapel Radio table at the back of the Shed. My job was to give out brochures on the radio station showing the teachers, when they taught, where the Calvary Chapel churches are, and so forth.

We got to meet a lot of people and give them info and news. Many people wanted to know more about Calvary Chapel, hardly a household name in England. 

I also taught the book of Revelation in one session. That’s a part of the Bible not often taught or even read in the UK. It demanded a lot of preparation to boil it down into the space of a single session. I kind of ran out of time the first time I taught it. I took even more time to know what I wanted to focus on for the second slot for the session, and it seemed to flow more smoothly. People told me it was the first time Revelation ever made sense to them. With other people it led to discussions about the Bible that I thought were very productive.

We came home dog tired every night. It’s crazy to do this, but at the same time, so fruitful. 

No comments: