Friday, June 17, 2011

Pizza Bible Study

The Bible study regulars quickly adapt to a new format.

It’s funny how things develop.

A friend convinced me to start a Bible study in Maidenhead. Then I started doing the same book (Revelation) in Hampton. Then I thought, “This book is hardly ever looked at in England. I would love to go public on this.” That led to moving the study to the Hampton Methodist Church and putting up signs around Hampton to advertise it.

As I put up signs I met two Iranians, both named Reza, who manage the Stone Willy’s Pizza store in the village. They wanted to come to the studies, but they get off work so late they couldn’t. Then one of them asked, “Why don’t you do the study here?” 

So we did, Wednesday night, June 15. The believers came out and ordered pizzas. Some brought friends. They listened as I explained the letter of Jesus to the church at Laodicea. The point was that the most important thing to have is not the wealth of this world, but to have a real, growing, intimate relationship with Jesus, to where He comes in and eats with you.

The fellow far left received Jesus. The other fellow is going to visit church Sunday.

One believer said it was the best thing he’d ever heard me do. Others asked for copies of the disk to give to others. One of the guests received Jesus. Another fellow is going to start coming to church. The two Rezas are very open and supportive. They said we could do this indefinitely.

All the way home, all I could say was, “Thank You.” I get to teach Revelation in public. The believers are into this. People are coming to the Lord. 

It’s funny how things develop.

Reza made this for me after the study. I am so glad Moses wrote,
"Do not muzzle the ox as it threshes out the grain."

1 comment:

Mike Neglia said...

Rob- This is fantastic news! So glad to hear about the word of God being taught in unlikely places and circumstances.