Friday, May 13, 2011

Girls And Me, Without Mom

Nice day, nice girls.

Joanie had a women’s retreat in Siegen, Germany, May 6-9. And that meant I was Parental Unit for the weekend. Which I did not mind in the least. I love my girlies.

We had fun just sitting out in our therapeutic backyard, soaking in something so uncharacteristic for England: sun. You can see my right shoe at the bottom of the pic. We also did errands, walked around Ashford together. I had to bribe them with some ice cream. Money well spent.

The girls helped me when we did church. I had to play guitar alone for the worship. Holly sang the worship songs with me. She’s been doing that lately with Joanie. Katie helped set up chairs and talked to people afterwards.

We also had fun putting meals together (some really good sausage and pasta) and reading our bedtime story (the ‘Heinlein juvenile’ Farmer In The Sky), and ice skating with the home school group. 

It’s hard to have Mom gone. So we hung in there and had fun until she got back. That’s the best fun.

1 comment:

Allison Raven said...

I love fun. And sun. And all of you :) Lovely pic.