Friday, November 19, 2010

Nothing Visible Happening


One reason I haven't written is there is nothing visible going on.

I have been marriage counseling, visiting terminal patients, and teaching guys to read, pray, study, meditate on Friday and Sunday nights. I'm getting people ready to take the church while I'm gone in January. It's just nothing you can take a picture of and say, "See? This is what's happening."

Just me at the local Tesco supermarket having my quiet time before the café opens. I read, I meditate, I pray. It's an isolated place. There's nothing to distract me. When the café opens I go home and work. I wrote on Facebook the other day, "All I have to do to really do my work is die to myself." This is where it happens.

I wish there were more things happening. They will happen, because I am praying and thanking God and asking for favors. 

No comments: